Thursday, January 5, 2012

Finally found my Sewing Machine

I have joined Free-Motion Quilting Challenge hosted by SewCalGal here is the first challenge design by Frances Moore

I am in the middle of having a MAJOR clean and tidy in my studio. I am only half way through but managed to find the sewing machine today. I have been so excited about trying this, SO here is my first attempt.
I plan to make up a sample sandwich of pale colours and quilt in a darker thread, below is the fabric I have painted for the sample quilt.

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful fabrics, and great first try of the quilting block!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a natural at FMQ! And I love the two Christmas quilts one can see int he previous post - super!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your leaves are very nice and your hand-dying colors look great to me !
    See you later in this challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Might have to use this design on my new 'leaf' fabric!
    Yours is looking good and I love the idea of stitching first then painting - may have to do that too :)

    ReplyDelete