Saturday, January 29, 2011

12" x 12" WATER Challenge


Here is my 12” x 12” Kiwiquilters challenge, the theme “Water”

The house I lived in as a child was pulled down to make way for a school and we cannot find any photo's of it. Beside the house was a small pond made from a cow trough as I remember it. On one side was a miniature maple tree, the other side was a rockery. The pond had a carp in it, which I am told my brother found in the local stream. We had a cat called Tiger Tim which I just had to add, I have added the word POND as it is my Mothers maiden name. Pond being my inspiration for the theme of “water”.

9 comments:

  1. That is so gorgeous and really clever about the Pond bit. I love it and can't wait to see it in the flesh. I hope you giving these away before I come in May.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These 12x12 will be mine as they are memories of my past. I am hoping all the themes I can somehow relate to some part of my life. Maybe the kids or grandies will inheret them one day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As usual, your work is beautiful! How have you made the rocks?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah Ha!!! I have used puff paint with sand sprinkled over it before using the heat gun. A technique I learn't in a class with Jacqui Karl.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How much paint do you put on at once, or do you do several layers?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the water theme, I am a Pisces so anything watery appeals to me.
    I just love the logs, how did you do them?
    Briony

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the detail in the rocks and how you depicted the leaves on the maple tree! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Whats my cat doing on your quilt?! It looks just like my Oscar. Last time I saw him he was a sleep on my sewing chair, but looks like he's been helping you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oops I see I missed out the aren't in my message above but you clearly understood what I meant. I am glad you are keeping them and look forward to seeing them in May. Claire

    ReplyDelete